Tuesday 28 October 2014

Launching into 2014||Goals


My family are kinda big goal setters.  Well, at least now we are.  Some of us used to do the "New Year's Resolutions" thing, but ya know, somehow those never worked didn't always stick too well.  Enter: goals.  Seriously, making goals has changed our lives.  So, today I'm sharing with you some of our goals.  But before I do that, I've asked my younger brother Denver to share his perspective on goals.
from Denver: "Well goals have been a big-time blessing to me since I started doing them about a year ago. I am the kind of guy who only does things if I make a conscious effort to do them. Some of you out there probably just do great things without thinking but I'm just not that type of person.  I don’t reach my goals nearly all the time, but I've gotten more done with goals than I did without them. Now some people think that everyone that uses goals are just "go, go, go" type of people. But that is not always the case. Some of the most laid back people I know set goals. And it doesn't have to be a major part of your life. One quote that I have always found to be true is, "The people who set goals always get more done than those that don't". So I would just say, goals don't have to be a major part of your life and you don't have to do any, but I really believe that you will get more done and be more purposeful if you do set at least a few."

{Some of our goals for 2014}
Marlin: Have a heart-to-heart talk with each of my children every month.
Becky: Memorize 5 Scripture verses per week.
Chelsy: Memorize the book of Philippians.
Mitchell: Witness to/give a tract to 3 people per week
Allison: Learn to say "no" to some "good" things (in order to have time for the best things).  Implement a budget system.
Carson: Work out 5 times per week. Spend more time with my siblings.
Joshua: Write 1 song per week
Denver: Shoot 1 buck (that would be a "mature buck" instead of a "button buck" he says.:)  Pray for our church every day.
Taylor: Shoot 1 deer.  Study the book of James.
Elizabeth: Journal every day.
Hudson: Read through the Bible.
Rebecca: Start reading my Bible in the mornings (she has been learning to read for a few years and is now at the point where she read the Bible on her own!)
It's always great when we end up having some of the same goals, because it's fun and gives accountability.  This winter several of the boys are studying the Bible together.  They can talk about what they're learning and spur each other on in studying.  With fitness goals, it's fun to toss around workout ideas and ask each other how it's going.  Some of us love running or doing push-ups together.  Many of us are really trying to ramp up our Scripture memory this year, and our Bible Bee guys are always ready to give memorizing tips.  Plus, it's definitely motivating to know that someone might ask you at any time: "Sooooo.....how's your Scripture memory comin' along?:)" 
...................................................................
We'd love to hear from our readers!  Do you set goals?  If so, what are some you are working towards this year?  
"And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.......for ye serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23 & 24b

Launching into 2014||Goals
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment