Sunday 26 October 2014

Land that I Love


Photo
This morning I pondered freedom, America, and the gratitude I have for all that I hold dear in this land. 
I began to write in my journal:
"Today as I celebrate the birthday of this glorious country, I am grateful for freedom.
I think of its cost, knowing some gave everything.  I imagine being the one left behind as father or brother or husband would never return from the battlefield.  And yet, as I ponder liberty and its price, it saddens me to think how little so many of my country's citizens value liberty today.  
May I never forget the blood, sweat, and tears that were given for this land that I love, for this freedom I hold so dear.  And   many I never forget the God who made this nation great.
It was upon His Word and Truth that my country was built, and it is only upon them that we can stand."
And I close with my favorite verse my country's grand and glorious national anthem:
"O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

{posted by Allison}


Land that I Love
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment