Tuesday 18 November 2014

Rosemary Mustard Salmon

  

My father is the expert at cooking and grilling fish in my household.  My technique and seasoning is slightly different then his, but nonetheless I learned most of my fish-cooking skills from him.  The technique I describe below is how I cook all fish and it always turns out delicious.

Rosemary Mustard Salmon
  
Ingredients: salmon, lemon or lime juice, butter, EVOO {extra virgin olive oil}, and seasonings {Dijon mustard, Homemade Emerils, and rosemary}

First, season your salmon fillet on the non-skin side with:
2-3 tsp Emerils
2 tsp Dijon mustard {optional: first time trying this and I really liked it!}
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
2 tsp lemon juice

Then in a heated skillet on medium-low add:
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil

Place salmon skin-side up in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip over.

Add a tsp or so more butter on top.  It adds a lot of good flavor to the salmon.

Season again with:
 1 or more tsp Emerils {depending on how spicy you want your salmon}
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Cook for another 3-4 minutes.  Then broil {cook at a very high temperature} in the oven or toaster oven for 2-3 minutes.  This is not mandatory, but make it prettier and taste better too!

Remove the skin and enjoy with a salad or a side of your choice.  Below is a salad w/ my Homemade Salad Dressing and avocado.

 

Rosemary Mustard Salmon
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment